Well, we had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and the rest of the weekend was great too. We stayed home this year rather than pack up and head to St. George. We had my mom and Tyson's sister Molly and her husband Tom over for games and dinner. I tried my hand at cooking a full Turkey Day dinner with great success. Here are some pictures from the fun:
Of course, the food... what was the menu you ask? Roasted turkey (brined and everything!), roasted sweet potatoes, green beans armandine, stuffing, mashed potatoes (Thanks Molly and Tom!!) and gravy, rolls (thanks Brother Allen!), and pumpkin pie (not pictured, but Thanks Mom for bringing it up from Croshaws!)
Here's the crew. Miles is hiding behind Tom.
Here he is! It's a horrible picture, but I don't expect much these days. He either really wants his picture taken, or he doesn't want anything to do with it.
Here's what Ellie is up to as of late. She loves to pull up on things and stand there. She loved hitting the air mattress.
This is really the same as above, but this photo is just extra funny. It must be the head proportion.
Also, last Sunday, we woke up to a winter wonderland. I would say we had about 5 inches of fresh powder (read: no snowmen here) in our yard. Now, that is by no means a reason to cancel church. Particularly since we live around the corner from the building. But we got a call around 8:30 saying church was cancelled due to a weird smell in the building (It turns out a fan in one of the bathrooms had been left on and burnt out, so it was smoke from that. Luckily, no fire or anything). So we stayed in our PJ's, Miles and I shoveled the driveway and sidewalk, and played in the snow (Miles LOVED it!). Tyson and the young men shoveled other driveways in the neighborhood that needed it. And we just kicked back and relaxed.
I think you're up-to-date now. Oh wait, Ellie will drink milk out of a sippie cup now. I'M FREE!! Or at least I can go shopping in the evening and not have to be back to feed her one last time before she goes to sleep. I am one happy camper.
Until next time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment