Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I'm Dreaming of a...

...White 4 days before Christmas. :)

It snowed all day yesterday at our place, but none accumulated on the ground. But when we woke up this morning, it was a totally different story! Around 7:30 this morning I went out to shovel and I stuck the yard stick in the snow on our driveway and it measured 6.5". I shoveled half the driveway, took the trash can out and came back in. Around 1pm I went back out to finish the job. Another inch had accumulated by then, so I re-shoveled what I had done earlier and did the rest. I also measured the snow on the grass at that point (less had become slush there) and it measured about 10".

Honestly, it's been nice. Tyson was able to work from home, and we have nowhere we have to drive. So we've just enjoyed the snowy Christmasness that is today. Originally he was going to go in to work, but after watching our neighbor in her SUV get stuck 3 times getting out of our cul-de-sac, he figured our Focus was doomed.

Here are some pictures from this morning:






No comments: