Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Family Pictures

My friend Christina (Check out her photo blog here: http://handsfullphotos.blogspot.com/), offered to take our family photos again now that Ellie's here. We went over to a pond on the south side of BYU campus for the shoot. We got some cute shots, though the kids weren't 100% cooperative.. which leads to a story I'll share in a minute.

She took a bunch of good ones of Miles and got a good family shot too (see the new blog header for that one)




So the story, we were desperate to get Miles to cooperate and sit with us and smile so we offered him a cookie when we got home. (He rarely ever gets such a treat.) So we give him his cookie later and he slowly nibbles through about half of it. Then he starts feeding little pieces to Tyson... then he just pushes the rest away and taps his hand on the table and requests a bowl of pea balls (peas). So, we get that for him and he devours the whole bowl, never to touch his cookie again. Yeah, next time we'll just bribe him with pea balls!

The next day we went out in our back yard and tried our hand at getting some of the kids together. It is a challenge since Miles is not really big enough to hold Ellie all by himself. At least not gracefully! Here are a few we got:

Here's probably the best one of the kids together. It still leaves much to be desired...

What a good model!

Then I figured out that draping the hair cutting cape over the glider makes an excellent backdrop. We'll do another photo shoot with that when we get some time... hopefully soon!


Okay, this last one is blurry because she moved her head back when she smiled, but I just can't bury it never to be seen again. The smile is just too cute... even if it is a bit blurry.



4 comments:

Jen said...

Some of those pictures turned out great!

Handsfullmom said...

I love that last one of her smiling! Great job.

Anonymous said...

They are so cute... I hope someday I will have cute kids like them.

kacy faulconer said...

Very cute!