It's September again, and that means it's time for our annual visit to the state fair. We first dragged the kids through the photography. They survived... barely. Then we headed over to the produce and found the gigantic pumpkins below. Ellie wanted to run around and wouldn't sit still for a photo. Oh well.
Then it was the animal barns. The kids loved petting all the animals. Ellie was particularly excited. She kept trying to feed them the wood shavings.
Then, we headed over to the rides so Daddy and Miles could ride the Ferris Wheel. We had promised Miles that if he stayed dry and didn't have any accidents he could go for a ride. He had been talking about the Ferris Wheel at the fair for weeks since he has a book with one in it. After about 5 minutes of studying the ride, he was ready. Both Tyson and him had lots of fun. Though it was super hard to get a picture... let alone a good one.
Next was lunch. Yay for McDonalds. Then it was off to the Lego tent. Both kids had lots of fun. There was even this cool lion to pose with.
Our final destination was Little Hands on the Farm. I have to say, I have a soft spot for this thing seeing as I helped with it once in high school when I was in FFA. Luckily the kids love it. When I told Miles we were going to the fair, he specifically asked if we would be doing this activity.
Both kids were pro's at the cow milking.
Ellie wanted to take the chicken with us, not just an egg. She probably would have hugged it if I gave her the chance.
Then on our way out to the car (note the black sky above.), we saw these the kids could sit on. We couldn't pass it up! Miles was so excited, and had a blast pretending to drive the machines.
Until next year!






No comments:
Post a Comment