Well, Ellie decided it was finally time to join us out here in the world on Saturday. I woke up about 7 am having mild contractions. I figured they would go away when I got up. (I didn't want to get my hopes up... I mean I was already past my due date after all!) So I got up, showered, got ready for the day, and ate breakfast. After all that, I was still having contractions, so I figured I was actually in labor.
My brother-in-law had come down from Salt Lake Friday night to stay over and watch Miles on the off chance I went into labor. He was coming down Saturday to help my other Sister-in-law and her husband move into their new apartment anyway.
We hung around the house and played with Miles until around 12:30 pm. At that point, the contractions were getting pretty hard and I didn't want to be any more uncomfortable than that for the trip to the hospital. Labor progressed rapidly once we reached the hospital and after about 5 minutes of pushing, Elliana was born at 2:39 pm.
Unlike last time, I only tore a little bit. Ellie had had her first bowel movement before being born, so they took her over to check everything out as soon as she was born. Everything looked good, so once we had a chance to start breastfeeding, and get a little food in myself as well, we headed down to the mother baby area. I felt up to walking down there, so we threw all our stuff in the wheelchair for the ride. We both were able to go to the nursery for her first bath and her tests. I went back a little early to get some food and drink, but it was sure nice to be up and about.
I spent the first night nursing her. Honestly, I felt like that's all I did. Then she slept from 6:30 until about 11:30 in the morning. Tyson was able to sleep too. Me, you ask? Nope. Not a single wink of shut-eye. Between Dr.'s, nurses, people passing the sacrament, and food services, I was awake all morning! On the up side, we were out of the hospital by 5pm that night and were able to get a good night's rest last night.
Now we're just getting into the swing of things. Ellie's eating like a champ and Miles is adjusting well to being a big brother.
Name: Elliana Cramer (We call her Ellie)
Weight: 7 lbs 10 oz. (almost 1 lb heavier than Miles! Of course he was 3 days early and she was 4 days late...)
Length: 19 inches (1 inch shorter than Miles)
Born: 2:39 pm, Saturday May 1st, 2010
Favorite Activities: Snuggling, Eating, and Sleeping.Here are a few more pictures:
I can't believe how big and grown up Miles looks next to Ellie. He think's she's pretty cool. He's even decided that she's worthy of a kiss. :) He's so funny. When she cries, Miles will run and tell me, "Mommy, the baby."
Now, if left to me, Ellie would not be buckled into the swing. But Miles was worried about her safety and make sure she was secured properly.






9 comments:
Congratulations! She is just beautiful. I look forward to meeting little Ellie!
Oooh! You look so good and baby Ellie is soooo cute! I love the picture of Miles holding her and looking down at her, so precious! Take care!
cute, cute, cute! and i love the name -- it was our first pick before evalyn was born...then she was born and she was NOT an elliana! but your daughter is! congratulations on having her!
Yeah, she's so CUTE!!! Seriously Kristin, you are a pro at giving birth. I'm amazed. We are so glad that she is finally here and we get to meet her. I hope you are still planning on a good Cinco de Mayo dinner tomorrow! Take care and call if you need anything.
Yea, Yea!! So happy that all went well and you are doing well. She is beautiful. Congratulations :)
Oh congratulations!!! She's beautiful, you're beautiful, and it sounds like all of you are doing well. :) (love that little smile in the last pic)
Wow, that sounds like it was a pretty quick and easy labor!
Congratulations, she is beautiful!
Congratulations! She's beautiful and you did wonderful!
Congratulations! Mary told me you had your baby. She is beautiful! I am glad things went well for you. We also named our daughter (child #5) Elli. She was born in August. It is a great name! Congratulations again!
Ann
Post a Comment