Sunday, May 23, 2010

Adventures of the Toddler Bed

So, last Sunday, I was up feeding Ellie around Miles' normal wake-up time and heard a loud crash from his room. I couldn't figure out what it was so I waited a mintue to see if I heard anything else. I eventually heard Miles wanting to get up, so I woke Tyson up to get him. When Tyson opened Miles' door, he found the crib rail down and Miles had one leg over the rail ready to climb out. Yikes!
For several months now, we've had his toddler bed set up in his room so he could get used to it. We had been trying to figure out when a good time would be to move him from the crib, but he was just so content to be in the crib that we hadn't bothered yet. That was until his near escape. That night, we made the switch, and actually it went really well. He stayed in his bed all night, slept well, and in the morning called for us to come get him. lol. He wouldn't get out of the bed by himself!

The rest of the week has been pretty good. There have been a few earlier than normal wakings, and he's probably fallen out a time or two... at least we think he did. But all is well. Now hopefully we'll be able to transition Ellie into his old crib in a while. Then he can listen to her grunt all night.

Last night when we peeked in on Miles to check on him we found this:


We took pity on him and put him back in his bed. I can't believe he was able to sleep like that!

1 comment:

Robinette Family said...

When we got to Chicago we turned the crib into the toddler bed and Meg never did figure out that she could get out by herself. In fact, now that she is in her "big" bed she still hollers for me in the morning. I just open the door and then she knows she can get out of bed. Funny how those bars seem to stay in place after they've been removed!