I don't like New Year's Resolutions. They're too easy to drop. I am a firm believer in tackling a goal (measurable and defined) when you are ready for it. Even if that means it's not near New Year's. That being said, I have a few goals I have been working on, but then the holidays happened... you know how that throws a wrench in things. Particularly involving a healthy lifestyle.
So here I am in January, renewing my effort to accomplish some outstanding goals, or getting back on the bandwagon of past habits. Here they are:
1) Somehow, in this crazy thing called life, carve out time for regular exercise as follows: Once a week yoga, 5x a week cardio, 3x a week strength training. I think I should be able to count being a mom of two kids that get carried around more than I can keep track of strength training, but I have been told that it doesn't really count. At least not completely. So I'm going to try to work in some other strength exercises. (Quantities of each are subject to change and I figure out what will really work)
2) Eat healthier. This equates to actually consuming the 5 a day of fruits and vegetables that are recommended, trim down on the dairy and treat consumption, and continue with the whole grains and some meats. One day down, day 2 looking good so far.
3) Attend the Temple once a month. We were doing good with this until November and December. I miss it. There's nothing quite like leaving all your earthly cares behind for a couple hours and focus on God. So, hopefully we'll get back on the bandwagon this month and just call it a holiday hiccup. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment