Saturday, February 20, 2010

Morning People...

I am by no means a die hard morning person. I would prefer to sleep until I'm ready to get up (which 99.9% of the time is after Miles wakes up). Miles, on the other hand, wakes up ready to hit the ground running (literally).

This morning was no exception. Miles had been playing in his crib for a while and I was enjoying my nice warm snuggly bed, when I heard "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!" I went to get him and he was so excited for the day! He pointed some stuff out to me and jumped on his crib mattress.

Once I got him out of his crib, we turned the noise maker off and he immediately wanted to get down from my arms. Here's how the next few minutes went:

First, we had given him a haircut and a bath last night, and his clothes didn't quite make it into his laundry basket. I had just set them outside his bedroom door. Miles noticed this and put the clothes where they belonged.

Second, he noticed the ice cream cups left out in the office from Tyson's and my nighttime treat. He immediately went to get the one cup and I offered my help with the other. So we headed over to the kitchen and put the cups and spoons in the dishwasher. (Miles even puts the spoons in the right way).

Third, he noticed I didn't have slippers on when we were headed to the kitchen so we went off in search of my slippers. (I was glad, because my feet were kind of cold.)

Fourth, he saw that the vacuum was sitting out in our room. I had left it in there after cleaning up from haircuts last night. So we put the vacuum away.

Last, we headed back to the kitchen for some alphabet magnet play. He's really starting to learn his letters, or in his words his "D's."

Until next time!

No comments: